ONSITE & ZOOM FACILITATOR TRAINING
The difference is not in the training… it’s just in how we do it!
SMART Recovery is unique in the way we support those desiring to abstain from various forms of addictive behavior. We aim to introduce multiple pathways to recovery providing individuals with the ability to make healthy choices for their recovery. The way we train groups to use SMART Recovery with clients or as meeting facilitators is also unique. We feel our recovery concepts, tools and meeting facilitation quality play a significant role in helping individuals abstain from their addictive behavior.
If you have the need or desire to train 10 or more individuals within your organization, we have tailored a live, onsite training program to meet your needs. We also have the option of Zoom training for your organization to allow you to experience live group training while remaining socially distant.
How can Onsite or Zoom Facilitator Training benefit your organization?
- Highly interactive training, including multiple role-plays of practical meeting scenarios
- Live demonstrations of the tools used in SMART meetings
- Helpful discussions involving the content of our SMART Recovery handbooks and manuals
- Discussions of CBT, REBT, Motivational Interviewing and other SMART Recovery concepts
- Question & Answer sessions to ensure understanding
- Training is completed in two or three days, providing the ability to facilitate a SMART meeting and/or use the SMART tools and techniques with clients immediately following the training
- Breakout groups provide the opportunity for your team to brainstorm ways to incorporate SMART Recovery into your organization
We offer several options for Onsite (in-person) and Zoom (live) training:
- SMART Recovery Facilitator Training
This 2-day didactive training is highly interactive. Breakout groups during this dynamic training provides the opportunity to practice skills learned including Motivational Interviewing and the tools and techniques of SMART Recovery. When you have completed this training, you will be able to facilitate a SMART Recovery meeting or use the SMART tools and techniques with your clients immediately after the training. 13 CE’s are available.
- COMBO SMART Recovery Facilitator/Family & Friends Training
This 3-day Facilitator/Family & Friends training is highly interactive. The training allows for breakout groups to practice skills learned including Motivational Interviewing and the tools and techniques of SMART Recovery. This combo training provides the ability to facilitate a SMART Recovery meeting, a Family & Friends meeting, or use the SMART tools and techniques with your clients immediately after training. 19 CE’s are available.
- SMART Recovery Teen Meeting Facilitator Training
This 2-day Teen Meeting Facilitator Training is highly interactive and will focus on teens in recovery. Dynamic breakout groups, ice breaker questions and discussion topics are added to tailor this training for working with this population. This training provides the ability to facilitate a SMART Recovery meeting for teens or use the SMART tools and techniques with your clients immediately after the training. 13 CE’s are available.
- COMBO SMART Recovery Teen Meeting Facilitator/Family & Friends Training
The 3-day Teen Meeting Facilitator/Family & Friends Training is highly interactive. This didactive training is a great combination for working with teens and their parents or other loved ones. With the addition of the Family & Friends training it provides the ability to facilitate a SMART Recovery meeting, a Family & Friends meeting, or use the SMART tools and techniques with your clients immediately after training. 19 CE’s are available.
- SMART Recovery Facilitator and InsideOut Training for the Correctional Setting
This 3-day InsideOut Facilitator Training is highly interactive. This training will focus on individuals in the prison system who are in recovery. The principles can also address the criminal thinking patterns that result in illegal behavior, even when that behavior is not addictive. Start to facilitate a SMART Recovery InsideOut meeting or use the SMART tools and techniques with your clients immediately after training.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much does the Onsite training cost?
A. The training cost will vary based upon the number of participants, and type of training. For a Statement of Work which includes pricing and sample agenda for an Onsite or Zoom training for your location, please submit your information here.
Q. Do the trainees need to be professionals?
A. No! Training participants can include professionals, clinicians, peers, family members, or anyone else in the community wishing to start a SMART meeting. You are both welcome and encouraged to invite community members or others in your area to join the training.
Q. What will we need to provide for the In-Person Onsite training?
A. You will need to provide:
- A meeting room/facility large enough to comfortably seat all attendees classroom style
- A projector, screen, and a laptop with PowerPoint
- Three flip charts on easels and markers
- A lavalier microphone and sound system (only if the room is large)
- A 6’ or 8’ table at the front of the room
- Internet access in the training room is helpful, but not required
Q. What will we need to provide for a Zoom live training?
A. Each trainee will need a Zoom accessible computer.
Q. How many people can our organization have trained using the Onsite format?
A. 10 - 25
Q. How many people can our organization have trained on Zoom?
A. 10 - 20
Q. For questions or more information?
A. Please contact us at email@example.com. Someone will get back to you within 48 hours.
To receive a Statement of Work which includes pricing and sample agenda for an Onsite or Zoom training for your location and pricing quote for an onsite training at your location, please click below to submit your information.