Lunch & Learn Mondays: Motivational Interviewing Practice
This is an opportunity for trained facilitators and those in training to come together and enhance their MI skills in a supportive environment. There will be two opportunities: 11 AM or 12 PM ET. Come to one or come to both. In both sessions, attendees will have the opportunity to delve into various Motivational Interviewing techniques and strategies through different scenarios and activities. This is a valuable learning and MI practice opportunity for all.
- 11 AM ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
- 12 PM ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
Lunch & Learn Wednesdays
Join the National Office Staff members and Volunteer Leaders on Wednesdays at 12 PM Eastern as we discuss a variety of topics including Culture and Diversity, Meeting Best Practices, Volunteer HQ Review, and many more! Don’t worry there will be plenty of time to ask questions about these topics, volunteering and training.
- 1st Wednesday – Open discussion/Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- 2nd Wednesday – Open discussion/volunteer team building
- 3rd Wednesday – Zoom and Meeting Best Practices
- 4th Wednesday – Marketing and promoting your SMART meeting
- 5th Wednesday – Open discussion/volunteer team building
Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
Training Role Play Meetings
This meeting is divided into two parts, starting out with “SMART Recovery in Action”, being an interactive role-play where a scenario is presented for discussion and the application of the SMART Recovery tools. The focus of the role-play is on how you’ll utilize the SMART tools and apply what you’re learning to help and support the person presenting the issue.
After the role-play exercise, the remaining portion of the meeting will focus on “Leading an Authoritative SMART Recovery Meeting”, being an open discussion and Q&A session where we’ll discuss and address any questions and concerns you may have in moving forward with your SMART meeting plans. NOTE: To gain the most benefit from your attendance at the “Get SMART FAST” meeting, it is suggested that you’ve completed Segments 1 – 8 of the Facilitator training prior to joining us.
Each “Get SMART FAST” meeting is scheduled for 60-minutes and are held:
- 1st Tuesday at 2 pm ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
- 2nd Monday at 8 pm ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
- 3rd Thursday at 12 pm ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
- 4th Friday at 11 am ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
SMART Meeting Management (SMM):
If you are interested in furthering your skills in managing your meetings or more smoothly handling any challenges you might encounter; this discussion meeting is for you. Learn how to balance boundary setting (to “Do SMART Recovery”) with creating an accepting environment in which participants meaningfully discuss issues. You will hear how others deal with this ongoing balancing act and what they have found helpful through experience. You will learn how to be assertive on behalf of the group (that is, how to be “authoritative”), and how to deal with common challenges such as AA bashing, moderation advocacy, etc. Discussions may also include tool presentation and application, or new tools as they are developed.
These SMM meetings take place weekly on
- Mondays at 10 pm ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
- Tuesdays at 1 pm ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
- Wednesdays at 8 pm ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
- Thursdays at 11 am ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
- Fridays at 6 pm ET – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
Family & Friends Focused SMART Meeting Management (SMM):
Realizing that Family & Friends meetings bring their own unique challenges, we have created this focused SMM meeting to help further your skills to more smoothly handle challenges you may encounter.
This SMM session will take place on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 8 pm ET. Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
N3C – Support for National Facilitators
This meeting is for facilitators and co-facilitators of meetings listed as National on SMARTfinder. It serves as a platform to strengthen our support system, delve into the national large-meeting model, and explore various meeting management opportunities within the national context.
- 2nd Saturday – 1 pm – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
- 4th Thursday – 8 pm – Click Here to join or add to your calendar.
Please be aware that there will be no meeting on holidays when the SMART National Office is closed.
SMART Recovery for Volunteers (S4V)
Our SMART FOR VOLUNTEERS (S4V) meeting is a standard 4-point SMART Recovery meeting that provides a confidential venue for our active volunteers to support their personal recovery goals.
This meeting is held weekly on Wednesday at 9 PM Eastern. Click Here to join or add to your calendar.